Saturday, November 3, 2012

Almost here

Something hit me today as I was scrolling down my facebook news feed today.  The campaign season is nearly over, and just in time for the holiday season to come barreling in full steam ahead.  I'm not ready for that.  I don't know if the rest of you people are.  I know I'm not.  I haven't even started yet.  I don't know when I'm gonna start.  It's going to have to be soon.  I know that, but damn..

I always start the season off a little pessimistically, but that's me.  Eventually, I will warm up to it, start listening to the holiday music (NEVER before Thanksgiving), and get into the holiday spirit.  The weather is going to get cooler, the air crisper and the clothing layers heavier.  And that is just fine by me, although Bailey does not seem to be much of a fan.  I think he's starting to get a little soft.  Maybe a trip to the mountains is in order to toughen him back up.

But this I promise, if I hear Christmas music prior to Thanksgiving, the person playing said music will most definitely be getting the stink eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment